This morning I woke up pushing these computer keys. Must be a habit at best and an obsession at worst. It occurs to me that my blog friend Greybeard might find this interesting.
I belong to the Orange County Geezers Book Club. There is just ten of us and the variety of opinions makes it great fun. We gather once a month to 1. each bring and eat a Subway sandwich, 2. discuss the book of the month, and 3. choose the book for the next month. For the last year or so our emphasis has been on non-fiction, history, and politics.
There is no chairman.
- Larry hosts at his house and provides lemonade. He retired as the C.E.O. of a large chain of hospitals. Liberal.
- Dr. Ken is usually 10 minutes late. He retired as the General Manager of two large Kaiser Hospitals. Liberal.
- Dr. Ed is a retired scientist who specialized in electornics design at a major military weapoons manufacturer. Liberal.
- Skip retired as a Colonel in the Air Force and became the program manager of space telemetry at Cal Tech. Conservative.
- Dixon was C.E.O. of a electronic/electrical materials distribution company, then an manufacturer's representative of a medical instrument company, and finally the Owner-Manager of a small engraving shop. Conservative.
- Dr. Mike is a recently retired M.D. Liberal.
- Angelo is a retired college Professor of advanced physics. Ultra-liberal.
- Ray is a retired war time journalist, during the Viet Nam war was the head of station for the Associated Press in Saigon, and then the United Press in South East Asia, and a freelance writer for several newspapers and magazines. Liberal.
- George served the United States government as a presidential advisor and speech writer during WW II, the Cold War, and Korean conflict. He left government service to become the President of the American Red Cross. He is now retired Liberal.
- Ron is the owner of a large and elegant waterfront restraurant in Newport Beach. Liberal.