Now and then something really beautiful lights up the internet. This video was both unexpected and wonderful. Certainly my over-reaction is influenced by the misery of recent events in the middle east and snippets of the black history of the area. When I think about the area my mind sees: .
- The continuing middle east violence.
- The evil agenda of the al Quaeda terrorists.
- The evil and unreasonable Palestinians.
- The Ultra-Orthodox Jews that I simply don't always understand.
- My knowledge of the Degania Bet kibbutz from long ago.
- And my military assignment in the Libyan desert for months at a time.
With these things combined with the reports of dysfunction from the area - there is a tendency to forget the beauty that is also there.